Posters and Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Structured abstract with Title, Background, Aim, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions and Recommendations, Key words
- Should have no more than 250 words in Microsoft word format, font 12, Spacing 1.5
- Landscape orientation
- Poster size is 42" x 56”
- Horizontal format
- Should contain (title, introduction, materials and methods, results, conclusion, references, Acknowledgement, and contact information)
- Use neutral color
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT PRESENTERS
- Modifications of data or changes are not accepted after the reviewing process. If you have updates, you may share them when you give your presentation.
- If for any reason you have to cancel your presentation, please notify secretariat as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
- If your abstract has been allocated to a specific session, please note that it will not be possible to change the date, time or type of the session.
- Authors are required to bring their letter of acceptance to the conference. This contains information on the reference of their abstract, the title of their abstract, the type of session their abstract has been allocated to, the title of their session and the date and time of their presentation.
- Abstracts may only be submitted in English, the official language of this conference. With delegates coming from 100+ countries, the most common shared language is English – and therefore it is the most common for abstract presentations. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided by the Conference Secretariat.
ORAL ABSTRACT SESSIONS
- You must not prepare a paper poster for oral abstract sessions
- We kindly ask you to ensure that your slides contain only a limited amount of information.
- Text should be large enough to be visible from the back of the room when projected.
- Presenting authors should go to the preview room at least two hours before the presentation time to upload their slides. Presentations may not be brought to the presentation room on a USB drive
- Immediately prior to your session, please go to the session room (about 10 minutes in advance) to introduce yourself to the session chairs, ensure that your slides have been uploaded and discuss any questions you may have about the use of the presentation equipment
- The session chairs have been instructed to ensure that speakers keep to the timetable as planned
- The room will be equipped with a PowerPoint slide projector.
- The time allocated for your presentation is about 10 minutes, including questions and answers
POSTER DISCUSSION SESSIONS
Poster discussion sessions are held in the Poster Area. Be sure to make a note of the date and time of your poster presentation. These details are provided in the confirmation letter.
The presenting author must be present at the poster during the session. The chair will visit each poster with the other authors and participants for a group discussion. The presenting author should be prepared to speak briefly about the poster and answer any questions about the information presented. This is an on-the-spot discussion: there are no facilities for overheads, slides, etc. are available.
Set-up: You may set up your poster as of 08:00 AM on Tuesday, 13 February, 2018. If you are presenting on Tuesday, 13 February please make sure that your abstract is posted before 10:00 AM, at which time the session will start. Authors are requested to post their abstracts on the boards for three days, from 13 to 15 February. This will give delegates the opportunity to visit the posters outside official session times
Take-down: All posters must be removed between 14:00 and 16:00 on Thursday, 15 February, 2018.
Technical specifications for the preparation and display of your poster:
- The size of the poster board is 100 cm wide by 250 cm high. Poster boards are black. The poster can be any size (for example, one big poster or several small posters) as long as the whole presentation fits on one poster board.
- If you intend to make one big poster, please note that it should have a portrait layout (vertical). Landscape posters (horizontal) will not fit into the poster boards.
- Presenters are requested to bring the notification of the acceptance of their abstracts, including the details about their session date, time and title
Please note: Authors are advised to travel with their posters and not send them prior to their arrival at the conference venue. Authors are responsible for their posters and should not leave them unattended in the Poster Area before they are hung. The Symposium organizers declines responsibility for any material lost or damaged onsite.
Thank you for presenting your research at the Makerere University First International non-communicable diseases symposium Kampala (MaKNCD Symposium). Your contribution to the scientific program is very important, and we hope your experience will be both positive and stimulating.
If you have questions
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org